Hey dearies, work with me on these posts to know all what have learnt
about being a fashion illustrator in today's world.
Don't forget to comment on what you have learnt not just as a fashion illustrator but as a blogger or any career you are into, subscribe and share the posts to family and friends.
Thank you.
These was one thing I learnt after I was already deep into fashion illustration. When i started illustrating i had the worst type of drawings ever. My figures were not right, the human parts were wrongly placed, everything was just a mess. Overtime I got to improve on that through the help of a good friend from school who has gotten so far into art than I have and is even better. It was fight at first though but later I started researching on how to draw face, figures, hands, legs and even hair. Today I can say there is a lot of improvement on that. I had a problem of always copying other fashion figure I see online to use to make my own designs, there is nothing wrong about that so don't get me wrong. Making your sketch without using a reference will kind of help in helping you discover your own style of illustrating. Example Hayden Williams sketching are far from being human but he makes it work and now his know for it.
I haven't really found my style but when I do, it is something I want to be known for.
Get a graphic tablet or a phone that has Drawing apps
The world is going digital and you do not want to be left behind. I do advice though to mix it up with the traditional way of drawing once in a while so you wouldn't have to depend on your device too much. My wish these holiday is to get one for myself and I hope I do too. Using these Drawing apps makes it easy to make drawings, create layers, work on different layers without affecting the other and a good way to have a process of your work. Most of these apps have a recording tool if you wish to rather post your process work.
Introduce one unique idea in every drawing
These might not be a regular thing but at least once a month to get people interested in your work and be viral. Shamekhbluwi has been one great fashion illustrator that keeps me going wow in every posts he makes on Instagram feed. There are other great artist that make use of foods, flowers, and so on to create incredible designs. My advice is when you know a creative way of making your designs, improve on it and make a statement with it.
Have a video of your drawing processes once a while
Most people might believe it is dumb but really to get yourself out there and make people believe you are real, have videos of you making your drawings on paper or on your digital tablets. I myself cant wait to start one soon but that when am sure people will get interested in it. If you are interested you can either comment below or fill the contact form at the side menu. Will be happy to start one.
Be actively involved in every area or development of Art and Fashion
Yes.....don't just relax on what you know and the technique you use, try to go beyond that. Visit for museums, art galleries, cities and try new things. It can also help in getting you inspirations on your next post, drawings etc.What else have you learned in art or fashion illustrations? i will love to know in the comment section.
You can connect with me through my social media links below, thank you. 😊😊
Until my next posts,
please comment, follow and share
😊😊


No comments:
Post a Comment