Artist Block? Ways I get Rid of it



Who doesn’t get artist blog? Even we fashion illustrators do and let me tell you,
it sucks big time. Having to carry a pencil and just be staring at your paper and nothing is coming in.

Hello lovies 😊, 
Really glad to welcome you again to my blog and don’t hesitate to subscribe, comment and share the blog.
Thank you as you do that. Love you all 😘😘

I will be listing 10 methods or ways of how I get rid of my artist block…..so sit down, grab some coffee ☕ and let begin.

Drop everything drawing and start writing


When I had artist block recently, a friend advised me to drop everything drawing and pick a pen and just write. I was surprised though because if I cant come up with anything to draw, what difference will it make in writing? To be honest with you guys, I never tried it (shhh). For him, it always works and that why I decided to add it to the list. He wrote about his feelings and mood on paper, even turned it into poetry. Hope it works for you guys though, if it those, you can comment below.


Listen to music


Yes I know, you’ve heard these and you are really tired, but to be honest it works a lot. When I have problems in creating designs of dress, I listen to my favorite music artistes because they just make me feel inspired. Sometimes I try to imagine designs on them a lot. Is music your way to relax during an artist block? Let me know below.


Read a Book





Yes I said it, read a book. Am not a bookie kind of person but am open to any recommendation. Am a wattpad freak, yes the free book app, there are really great authors’ there, check it out. I do these help me? I imagine the main characters outfit, faces, and situations. I do get a lot of ideas but now I hate myself for not putting most of it down because am too into the book.


Go street fashion shopping




I know weird right, lol. I do these a lot since there are always fashionable people that walk the streets all the time. What I do is to carry a pen and paper, look at every outfit that catches your eyes and try to restructure the design. Even if you aren’t a fashion illustration going out for a walk around the street can help give inspiration for your next art.


Make P interest your best friend


P interest has always and will always be my best friend. God bless the person that thought of this application. It makes it easy especially for creative’s to get ideas on their next work. To have an idea of how P interest works, check out my link; Elizabeth and don’t forget to follow me.


Stream past fashion shows


This is another favorite of mine after P interest. I always tend to watch a Victoria secret show or Gucci, Versace or Chanel fashion show to give me an idea on my next design collection. Let me tell you it works a lot especially if you are participating in a fashion design competition.


That actually all that I do.

If you have any that works for you, feel free to share in the comment section.
Thank you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...